Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How to get your resume in front of the right decision makers

How to get your resume in front of the right decision makers?

I remember when I first entered the job pool after college, I applied to several jobs through various job search engines. I realized that I wasn’t having any success with getting job interviews. After many years in the job market and being on the other side of the hiring process, I found out how ways to get your resume in front of the right decision makers.

1) Call the potential employer and find out the name and email address of the hiring manager

2) Conduct a keyword search with Google using the potential employer’s name and the position title, most of the time you should be able to locate information pertaining to the hiring manager.

3) Physically mail your resume and cover letter to the potential employer. It seems everyone opens up mail they receive at the office.

Good Luck!
James Malervy
www.InstantJobInterviewTools.com

No comments:

Post a Comment